Monday, October 5, 2015

Word

Wow! What a clever title! Totally the best!!! How did he do it, you may be thinking? No one knooows... I'm an idiot. Forgive me... But in truth, titling my emails seems to be one of the harder things in my life at the moment, which means I have an easy life, but also testifies to my lack of writing cleverness. !
To the week:

Tuesday
District council, I got to lead a discussion on Alma 20:29-30. Something very powerful, about living to the lots that God casts for us in our lives.

Alma 20:29-30 29 And when Ammon did meet them he was exceedingly sorrowful, for behold they were naked, and their skins were worn exceedingly because of being bound with strong cords. And they also had suffered hunger, thirst, and all kinds of afflictions; nevertheless they were patient in all their sufferings.
 30 And, as it happened, it was their lot to have fallen into the hands of a more hardened and a more stiffneckedpeople; therefore they would not hearken unto their words, and they had cast them out, and had smitten them, and had driven them from house to house, and from place to place, even until they had arrived in the land of Middoni; and there they were taken and cast into prison, and bound with strong cords, and kept in prison for many days, and were delivered by Lamoni and Ammon.
Had lunch of beans and plantain with Elder Smith and Elder Sargent. Then we went out and taught J about the Tithes, and the Word of Wisdom. Then we saw E and M, and talked about the chapter she had read, 3 Nephi 11. She came with questions pre written! M seems like the only one who is really interested, I just hope E doesn't affect her. Then we saw JJ, and it appears he really wants to pay for the Sacrament! True sacrifice my people! Then ahd a branch presidency meeting.

Wednesday
Had cereal. CEREAL!! I had cereal people! I thought it was something I would say goodbye to! We found some milk, and this weird tiny bitty cereal and devoured it! The best thing of my whole life I'm sure! Pretty much all of our appointments spontaneously fell through. Fun day wandering.

Thursday
Cereal again. Just about ready to cry here. Then we saw J and his sister, and talked to a few more investigators, and had some Indomi and egg for dinner. Nothing totes cray. Taught this random guy in the evening who had questions about Lilith, the Bermuda Triangle and more. Led it in to another man who had tons of questions about Joseph Smith! Hope to see him agian.

Friday
Exchanges! I went to ACity with Elder Smith and totally had a blast!! We got FanDango (which is almost Sunny D) and had a blast pretty much contacting a bunch of people fresh.

Saturday
J's baptism! Essentially, he was two hours late, because his boss wasn't coming to relieve him from work, so eventually he just closed up the shop and came to be baptized! What a great guy! Other stuff happened later too!

Sunday
Meetings, and we taught B with A as a translator for us! I think she will actually be baptized in the coming month. Totally crazy!

Monday
Nothing really today!

Forgive me! I have managed time poorly this week/day and not organized proper thoughts for the email. I will do better. Love yall!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment