Monday, October 19, 2015

This Week a Miracle Occured in My Life.

Heavens above. This week a miracle has occurred in my life. You know what happened? I'll tell you. I had ice cream. OK, not exactly ice cream, fan ice, but it's close enough! Vanilla sugarry frozen milkstuffs that is almost ice cream! Crumbled some cookies inside and dreamt of the good old ice cream days. But now they exist in Ghana! I attached a picture just so you could all be jealous of my African dream.


In truth, the week was made well. I forgot to tell you last week, on preparation day, I learned to cut hair! You heard me right! We went to our talketive barber friend Felix, and he walked me through cutting Elder Harvey's hair, you just need to cut "with the natural flow of the hair". It's fantastic, and I think I am now having a dream of opening a salon. Maybe two.


We also spent a lot of time in meetings this week, so I apologize that my week will be a little less educational, or rather, entertaining or time wasting than usual. But to continue on the week.....

Tuesday:
Zone training! Totally great! Elder Skelton and I gave the culutural minute on America and pretty much talked about Michael Jackson and pizza. We 'Mericans can't really give much more than that. I moonwalked as well, super rusty. Then we... I just realized this is the path for Thursday... zone training was held a different day of the week.... Forgive me....


Tuesday #2:
Had toast for breakfast, then President Kassah called us to the chapel and essentially we had a BYC for like 4 hours. Totally rightoeus. Trying to develop a business or sommat to keep the youth busy and out of trouble. Then we saw EY, who showed his inner passions and zeal and was just fantastic! Super prepared! He asked about getting a patriarchal blessing as well! After him, we saw EA, who said he knows the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. I wish it motivated him to come to church more though. We'll have to see how that can work for him... Finally we had our branch presidency meeting and called it a day.

Wednesday:
Oatmeal and toast for breakfast. Combo, weren't expecting that, were you? Neither was I, but the oatmeal had cinnamon in it, and it was a fanatastic idea. Then we went to market, we saw J, and then M, who came to institute, but not church :'(.

Thursday:
Continue from Tuesday #1. After zone training, we saw JJ, who apparently read the books of Jacob, Enos and Omni. Killer guy. Then we brought A to translate a lesson for us, to talk to P's mother, Va, who I pray will progress in the future. Then we had institute,and had a meeting with the Branch President and the Mission Leader afterward and during.

Friday:
Nothing notable, and I'm short on time. I bought 20 cedis fan ice, and it was the most fantastic thing of my life.

Saturday:
During study my companion and I had a long conversation on being able to identify the spirit. I think I will include these thoughts as a spiritual thought very soon. It included some very powerful principles and lessons! We saw C after that, who apparently is an old investigator who wants to be baptized, and came to church twice before we identified him as an investigator! He is working hard to join the church, and sees the blessings it can bring to his life. I hope that we will be able to help his family as well! Then we saw SA, who apparently can't come because of familial pressures. She knows everything is true, but her parents won't allow her to pursue the gospel at this time. I hope it can change sometime in the future. Then we ate some red red, and saw B, a 14 year old who loves the gospel and wants to join the church as well! A recent convert has been an excellent role model for her!

Sunday:
I gave a talk on agency, and heard the prayers of one of my recent converts, B, who prayed that we would "be doers, and not just hearers of the word" I love this guy so much. Then I taught Sunday School, and had meetings after church. Elder Sanders brought gifts from Elder Green, who has finished now, including log cabin syrup, strawberry lemonade, and so forth. Good week.

Monday:
Today I bargained 5 cedis of a speaker! Feeling like a bargaining boss.

This week I have been thinking a lot about the divine power of agency. To look at all the work God has put into our lives, and the upkeep it takes, it struck me that it might simply be easier to guide us by the nose, without even worrying about our views. However, God cares enough about our individual progressions and potential that he dedicates time, and people, and power in order to keep our own... selves true to our nature, to be determined by our choices. All of the power to determine our eternal consequences simply in the small choices we make every day. It makes it all the more important to take Alma's advice and seek for the "mighty change of heart"! To be doers rather than simply hearers of the word.

Elder Harris





No comments:

Post a Comment