Sunday, June 21, 2015

This Week Was Pretty Great!

So this week was actually pretty great! I'm learning to be a better missionary every day. More than any other time in my life I'm finding it easier to memorize and learn the locations of scripture for use in teaching. It is truly amazing to see a miracle so evident in my life. Sorry, this letter is going to be a little shorter than usual. Somehow, once I had gotten through the majority of my email, it spontaneously deleted from gmail. Sigh. Well, what can you do? 

This week an Area 70 leader came to speak to us, Elder Curtis, and we had a devotional on the attribute of diligence. I certainly need to be more diligent in doing the things I need to as a missionary, and staying focused on the task ahead instead of goofing off sometimes. Now more than ever I need to stay focused on the Lord's work!  We also saw President Heid for a little bit, and got to talk to him, and I pretty much rambled. But hey, what can you do.

I'm getting better at teaching our acting investigators, and I've already committed two theoretical people to be baptized! haha.

We watched the funeral of L Tom Perry, which was a powerful experience, and a couple other devotionals throughout the week.

The B's, or the senior couple, left this week. They are awesome, but they'll be serving in my mission! I'm totally excited to serve in their area hopefully. Elder B is a great guy as well! He quit his job at Visa to come serve here for a year, and has a son on a mission as well. They're just good people.

During the week we had a practice lesson, and Elder S introduced himself as "Brother Bear" which had us all cracking up for like 10 minutes, following which he introduced himself as "Brother Elder". Not exactly the funniest story, but at the time, my lungs were threatening to burst. It was a well needed break and relaxation in class. 

We performed the Haka yesterday before we left, and walking around afterward, all of these missionaries call me over and bang their chests, say something in French and then some jibberish, so I just laugh and call it good.

On Saturday we had an arm wrestling match and I am completely undefeated! Granted in the space of 3 matches I completely destroyed my wrist and shoulder. It seems I have learned a lesson. And when told that white people have things like freckles, Elder O (from Kenya) said "Being white sounds like a hard business."

OOOOH! Miracle of the week! We were all getting tired of chicken and rice and the lunch ladies made us potatoes and grilled meat! It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

I love ya!


1 Nephi 11:17 
 17 And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.


No comments:

Post a Comment