Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lines! There are no lines here.

Heyy!  For some reason the computer is not reading my SD card, so those will have to come next time. Pull a couple off the mission blog for my blog. Also, would you pull off the video of missionaries from the Congo singing Israel Israel God is Calling. It pretty much describes my life here. Feeling pretty good.

The schedule here is totally off, all the time, which I think is just the culture here, but I'm adjusting, haha. 

Surprise! It's Sacrament Meeting.

My companion is Elder Koronikalou (cohr-oh-knee-cah-loh) and he is from Fiji. He speaks pretty good English. He's a blast too, and is totally rocking it here. He is always inspiring and does his best every day. 

Lines! There are no lines here. People just kind of make their way places. I was in line with my companion and no fewer than 17 people cut in front of us, and nobody even noticed. 

Sunday here was super great though! The people here all sing soo loud! Sure, it's not gonna be super on tune, but they just give it their all! And everybody always sings! It's totally the best. Parts don't really happen, haha. Later in the week I also got Elder Grant as a companion since his companion got a Portugese guy to come in from the mission to help him since he barely speaks English. We listened to an Elder Holland clip for a meeting that really struck my heart! And come Sacrament meeting, it was just a surprise for who was doing what. I was sitting at the sacrament table when all of a sudden I heard my name as the one for giving the opening prayer and I was like, OK. Seems legit. Everybody was called for talks at random. 

All of their scriptures are well loved too. I feel like a spoiled brat since I got a new set when some pages were falling out. They have used their scriptures to the ends of the earth it seems. 

Oh! Before I forget! I have to tell you about Elder Ogonda! He's from Nigeria going to Zimbabwe, and he's 23, but the guy is totally a blast. He makes everybody laugh, and he's really good at English, which is nice. 

Back to the week, we're teaching lessons to fake investigators, which is actually going fairly well, getting good marks from most of the teachers. Learning the scriptures better, which is totally a blast! Today we got to go to the temple, which was such a great experience again! But while we were driving there were just people standing in the road walking between cars, selling things, and motorcyclists squirming their way throughout traffic, whether that be on sidewalk or road, nobody really noticed. It was really quite the experience.
 
Spiritual thought for the week, "We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophecy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of sins" 2 Nephi 25:26.  It is amazing to be in a position where I can constantly refer others to Christ and the Book of Mormon, which Truly testifies if Him. I know He lives!

I miss you all, I love you all! Have a great week!

The following pictures and words are taken from Ghanamtc.blogspot.com.  We love the Ghana MTC Blog!
 Prior to entering the temple the missionaries posed for a Ghana Temple photo moment.

 Most of the Mormon District - here for 11 days.

Our final group this week to attend the temple.
While in the MTC, the missionaries gather 5 times for devotionals - a welcome devotional on the First Saturday, a First Sunday Devotional, a Temple Preparation Devotional, an Area Devotional with a General Authority, and a Second Sunday Devotional.

Today was the Area Devotional with Elder Curtis.  61 of the 100 in attendance were listening to Elder and Sister Curtis using headsets for translation.



 Elder and Sister Curtis with the largest group in the MTC todate.

 Elder Harris shows his sweet table tennis skills.

Screen shots from the Ghana MTC Slide Show.


No comments:

Post a Comment